Lumberton, Texas

If you reveive a telemarketing phone call from Startec, don't sign with them.Startec is the worst phone company ever existed!

They double charged me, they cut my connection with Bosnia and my bill became higher and higher every month. Besides of that, when I have tried to switch to another LD provider, they stopped the connection and then they have threatened me with extracharges and fees for switching to Pulse Telecom, my new long distance provider.

Man, it was a nightmare to get rid of them and to get another company!It's much easier to find water on Mars or to meet Bin Laden at a New Years Eve party, believe me!!!

Review about: Ld Provider.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $100
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Startec?

Comments

Joshuas Tree
Toronto, Ontario, Canada #851958

Just an update.

Since July 19th - my communication with Startec has been a real nightmare.

I received all kinds of charges on my next bill, even "minimum usage fee" of $5.40 (even though I had way over $10), and since have been trying to straighten things out.

People from Startec who have brutally LIED to me so far: customer service, customer care (email), cancellation department, manager.

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY!

Joshuas Tree
Toronto, Ontario, Canada #843080

I have been paying 4.99+tax to have the rate with my country (Serbia) pinned at 6.9c/minute.

Everything was going good for 4+ years, until July 2014, the month in which the number of my calls increased due to a family emergency.

Then the following happened...

In the middle of my billing month, this rate was increased to 11.9c/minute. Luckily, I went into my account online and caught the change 3 days later. I called Startec and they said the best they can do is reverse the fee of 4.99+tax. I also asked about the promo plan advertised on their website for 9.9c/minute, and the rep said I would get it for 3 months.

However, I checked back the next day, and instead of charging me 9.9c/minute they started charging me 13.9c/minute.I called them again, and they said they didn't have a record of my plan being changed to 9.9c and that this plan (still advertised on their website) was no longer available.

Cancelled the service immediately.

UNHAPPY
Irvine, California, United States #693593

Startec, a nightmare for us. DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THEM, YOU CAN NOT GET OUT ONCE YOU SIGNED UP WITH THEM !!!! :(

bila

the worse phone card company ever , phone cards don t work i was never able to make a phone call not one and never got a refund. it is a bad joke they take your money and have no service ..

11/10/12 from Warwick, NY

Startec made me sick.It is very bad company.

Very bad service. Customers service is terrible. I have a problem with their connection number. When I dial the number that they gave me to make an international calls, the line is always busy.

I called to the customer service several times during a week.

They lied to me that number works, but it does not work.I'm going to close the account with them.

cathy

lhave been trying to make long distance calls for the past week all lcan get is for me to call this # 18004744406 .Rude answering service which say you cant make a call at this time call fraud investigation at 18004744406 whats up with that .

cathy

Statec the woist long distance provider and very rude customer service.

startecisdemon

I am also a victim of this demon company!I bought the $25 prepaid and to my surprise they charged me extra!

Their customer service is worst!

The manager is evil!DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Shawn

The same victim.Stay away from this company.

They charged me for 16 months and now I realized. I am filing a law sue against them. This is a fraudulent and steal to take out money without your authorization.

I will inform also my credit card company and I dispute the charges as fraudulent.They will go also after them.