After being a loyal customer for more than 10 years, without ever being late or skipping any invoice payment, Startec decided to award me for my loyalty by charging me 7 times more per minute call; 7 times increase not 7% or 17%.

I was being told the this increase was related to the recent developments in Iran and technical issues they are experiencing. Problem is all my long distance calls were to Croatia and last time I've checked Croatia was in Europe and Iran in Asia; except for soccer love two countries are not related in any way whatsoever.

More intelligent reason for the charge back stabbing could be in the fact that Startec is now a member of AmericaTel Corporation or Impact and that there are some merge cost to be covered, by the loyal customer base.

Startec refused to refund me for an overcharge. This company can't be trusted anymore. Stay away.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of cheating. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of long distance calls and associated monetary loss in the amount of $70. Startec needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned long distance calls in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Startec.

Comments